Thursday 11 July 2013

First Entry: Beginnings and Endings.

For those of you who know me, just lol.

Writing a personal blog is not something I ever really envisaged myself doing, but, as I am about to embark on perhaps the biggest adventure of my life, coupled with the fact that we have been advised to blog as part of our experience (more on that later), now seems the perfect time to dive head-first into the world of self-reflection written for all to see.

For those of you who don't know me (but seriously I expect even my family/close friends to at most read the first couple of posts, what are YOU doing here?!), my name is Pete(r), I'm 21 and I study Psychology at the University of Leeds.

The reason I have chosen now to start blogging is that, this Saturday, I am going to fly almost 6000 miles across the world from the UK to Thailand, to teach English for two months. The program is run through the British Council and we have been advised to keep a blog for the duration of our stay. So, here it is. 

Keen-eyed readers may have seen the title of this entry is called "Beginnings and Endings". Obviously the new beginning is my imminent Thai journey of gap-yah-esque self discovery, but what does the ending refer to, you ask?

Well, I have very recently returned to England after 9 and a half months living and working in the capital of Spain, Madrid. Again, I was teaching ("teaching") English to children in primary schools, and it was without a doubt one of the best years of my life. I intended to blog throughout my year abroad...but, as with many good intentions of mine, I never got round to do it. However, I feel it would be an injustice to my time there and all the wonderful things I experienced if I didn't give it at least one blog entry to try and even give the tiniest impression of how much the year meant to me....

This will have to wait till tomorrow though, as it's getting late and I don't want to bore y'all with a huge essay on top of this spiel. If you're still reading this, lol thanks, I'll try and get my Madrid entry in tomorrow if possible. Don't know how likely that is as I've still got to pack EVERYTHING. 

Anywho, that's my first blog entry EVAH done, and I actually kinda enjoyed it. Ewwww.

Pete x


BIG KISS 4 U

No comments:

Post a Comment